Art plays a vital role in the creation of a healthy society. We believe in the power of art to affect social change. That is why Plowshares Theatre Company has been dedicated to the act of giving back to our community with award-winning productions, community-based outreach programming, or unique educational programs designed to increase awareness and celebrate difference. since its founding nearly 30 years ago. This year, we have the opportunity to continue to make a significant impact by joining in on a philanthropic movement that has been spreading worldwide. It’s called #GivingTuesday, a global day dedicated to giving back.
What is #GivingTuesday?
DONOTAG#GivingTuesday celebrates the act of giving – on the Tuesday following Black Friday and Cyber Monday. On December 1, 2020, Plowshares Theatre Company’s community will come together for one common purpose: to celebrate generosity and to give. It is the opportunity to join more than 98 countries around the world in encouraging giving on #GivingTuesday. Just as the retail world has benefitted from coordinating national shopping days across many brands and platforms, #GivingTuesday does the same for organizations dedicated to serving our communities through philanthropy.
Why should you give on #GivingTuesday?
- Your donation celebrates and encourages support for Plowshares Theatre Company.
- A dedicated day of giving has tremendous power to positively impact the lives of Black Theatre artists and their families.
- Giving to Plowshares online is an easy way to support what matters to you from the comfort of your own home.
- You can use the growing popularity of #GivingTuesday to remind family, friends and neighbors of Plowshares mission and how generosity can change the lives of others.
- Your donation shows that the mission of Plowshares and Black Theatre matter!
How can I help spread the word about #GivingTuesday?
#GivingTuesday is a grassroots movement that needs your help! Click on the button below to get all the resources you need to make a difference.